Business Development Manager
|Salary:||£38,553 - £41,591|
|Job Type:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Category:||UNITAS (External Vacancy)|
Section: Governance, Policy and Performance
Grade: Level 12
Hours: 37 hours per week
The closing date for this vacancy is 14th September 2022
This advert is open to both Internal and External applicants.
Unitas has established itself with an excellent reputation for delivering repairs and planned maintenance services to circa 17,500 homes and a diverse range of over 600 public buildings in Stoke-on-Trent. After receiving industry wide recognition for the quality and range of its services, Unitas has started to expand and seek new business opportunities. We are now looking for the right individual to lead on the company’s Growth Strategy; creating and securing new business development opportunities and promoting the company’s skills and services to generate new income streams with a wide range of new clients across Staffordshire, the North West and the Midlands. The postholder will work collaboratively with a range of staff across the business developing new opportunities and strengthening the company’s image, position and reputation in the sector.
The postholder will be expected to have:
- A strong commercial background with detailed knowledge and understanding of business development and business growth
- Substantial experience of attracting, securing and managing new business with a proven record of generating income and achieving challenging financial and performance targets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to influence, negotiate and mediate successfully at all levels across different services and organisations
- An excellent networker, who is comfortable visiting a range of clients, attending industry events and promoting the business at every opportunity
- Comfortable with social media channels and using a variety of tools and platforms to grow our networks and generate interest in the business and its activities
Working for Unitas comes with many personal benefits particularly for those who enjoy a positive approach to wellbeing and work life balance. Further to this, working for Unitas gives you access to a Local Government pension scheme, 27 days holiday rising to 32 days after 5 years and 8 public / bank holidays.
Please create / log into your account and then click 'apply'. If you have any queries or want an application form in another format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01782 238189.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you have the Right to Work in the UK?