Team Manager - Children with Disabilities
|Salary:||£44,624 - £47,665|
|Job Type:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Category:||City Council (External Vacancy)|
Directorate: Children and Family Services
Section: Children with Disabilities
Grade: Level 14
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 5 June 2022
An experienced Social Work Team Manager is required to join our Team in Stoke on Trent. This is an excellent opportunity to join a service which has the highest ambition for children and young people.
As a Social Work Team Manager, you will benefit from:
• Great transport links
• Position that provides great career enhancement
• Friendly and supportive team
• Supportive management
• Progression and Secondment opportunities
• Flexible working options available
More information about the Children with Disabilities Team:
• The team ensure that all children and young people are at the heart of service improvements
• Co-production is a key ingredient for successful communication
• The team have accurate and timely data on which to base effective decisions
• The team increase the opportunities for SEND children and young people
• The team develop effective and meaningful short breaks that support our children and families to access activities of their choice.
Essential requirements as a successful Social Work Team Manager:
• You must be Social Work qualified with a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting
• Have experience managing a complex case load
• Have completed section 47 investigation
• Possess a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance
• Have the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions
• Good knowledge of child development
• A clear decision maker and good team worker
• A current registration with Social Work England
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please note that if an employee who is currently at risk of redundancy within the organisation applies for this vacancy their application will receive priority. If this happens you will be advised accordingly.
Please create / log into your account and then click 'apply'. If you have any queries or want an application form in another format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01782 238189.