Senior Planning Officer (Ecology)
|Job Type:||Part Time, Permanent|
|Category:||City Council (External Vacancy)|
Directorate: Housing Development & Growth
Section: Planning Services
Grade: Level 11
Actual Salary: £17,363 - £18,945
Hours: 18.5 per week
Closing Date: 29/06/2021
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced ecologist with strong communication skills who will work alongside our Development Management team and other specialists providing multi-disciplinary technical support to drive the delivery of growth for our great city.
You will have a real opportunity to integrate biodiversity considerations into council policy and strategy as our new local plan emerges. The post holder will provide specialist advice to the planning (development management) process with a varied and interesting workload including biodiversity offsetting and also lead on the mapping and classification of natural habitats.
• Be qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant environmental subject
• Have full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or eligibility at that level.
• Demonstrate specialist expertise in the determination of complex development management proposals and / or delivery of specialist policy or design expertise.
• Have strong data management and GIS skills
Please note that if an employee who is currently at risk of redundancy within the organisation applies for this vacancy their application will receive priority. If this happens you will be advised accordingly.
Please create / log into your account and then click 'apply'. If you have any queries or want an application form in another format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01782 238189.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you have the Right to Work in the UK?